B2B marketers are increasingly utilizing online videos to inform, engage and even have a little fun. Here are some of the key reasons why:
Forrester reports that, with proper optimization, video increases the chance of a front-page Google result by 53times. They also note that adding video in to e-mails increases click-through rates by two to three times.
– (Forrester, January 2010)
This bears repeating. Web videos are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google than text or static images. So obviously an effective web video is going to generate more qualified leads.
Even busy executives with no time for fun and games do have time for the sound and motion of video, according to Forbes Insights. In many cases, they prefer it to text for learning about products and services.
They also found that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page. Three-quarters of all executives said they watched work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
– (Forbes Insight, December 2010)
The value of video goes way beyond lead generation. By answering many of your prospective clients’ basic questions quickly and effectively, it also slashes sales cycle times and multiplies sales team productivity.
By providing consistency to your messaging, video ensures that your key sales points are always reliably presented to your prospective clients. This allows those who are not good fits for your solution to disqualify themselves. For those who are qualified, video increases close rates.
Here are a few more reasons from other sources as to why you should be using web video:
- People want to see what you can do. They like speed. Your message can get delivered in just a few minutes and finally people like a multifaceted experience of visual and auditory stimulation.
– (New Evolution, June 2011)
- To demonstrate ideas in a way that is best done through video. Reading is fun, but watching can stun! To make an impression and be remembered.
– (Richard Grace, January 2011)
- A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research.
– (Forrester, January 2009)
- According to Cisco, video will increase from 30% of Internet traffic to 90% of Internet traffic by 2013.
- Finally, video enhances your brand image. Fast Company lists the following additional ways that Technology Solution Providers should be using web video to accelerate their revenues.
– (Fast Company Expert Blog, March 17, 2011):
- Visually demonstrate how a product or service works
- Communicate a specific message or company news
- Executive summaries and video versions of white papers
- Case studies
- Share content from webinars
- Interview partners and customers at a trade show
- Hold a Q & A session with an expert within your company
- Give a sneak peak at product releases
- Product visualizations
- Elevator pitch videos and video brochures.
For a great examples of effective use of web video see below.
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/29046591 w=960&h=540]
This is recorded in HD, so, to get the best effect, watch it full screen!
The purpose of these videos is to educate their target market of small to mid- sized companies on the business value of their solutions. To see all of the DynaSis Cloud Computing Videos and White Papers, go Here. The results, I think you’ll agree, speak for themselves.